$15002002 Subaru Impreza Station Wagon
If this car were a celebrity, it would be Lindsay Lohan: its seen better days and it's a little busted, but still capable of giving a great ride. I've driven it 15 miles to and from work for the last 2.5 years with no issues, other than having to park in the back of the parking lot so my coworkers wouldn't see that a 30 year-old man is driving this clunker.
Still, it's been amazingly reliable and it's great for zooming around town. All wheel drive makes it superb in rain or snow; I've taken it on many ski trips to Tahoe and camping trips to Big Sur. It's also a great commuter with good MPG and it's cheap to insure and small enough to fit into those little SF parking spots. The back seats fold down to carry practically anything.
In the interest of complete transparency, here's a list of problems with the car:
- Driver's side headlight smashed
- Small crack in top of driver's side of windshield
- Taillights do not work (brake lights are still fine though)
- Head gasket needs replacement
- Car makes loud clicking noise when turning, possibly indicating the axle needs work
On the other hand, here's what's awesome about it:
- Battery recently replaced
- Timing belt replaced a few years ago
- Very clean, inside and outside
- Very low price (all the issues are priced in, so don't try to lowball)
The car is registered in Oregon, because it belong to my wife and she is from Oregon. Yes, we were technically supposed to update the registration to CA, but haven't bothered to fill out the paperwork. It's a fairly straightforward process akin to registering any out-of-state vehicle.
I live in Nob Hill, but let me know if it would be easier for you to see the car in South SF near the airport where I work. Either can be arranged, depending on timing.
Serious inquiries only please.